Senior Research Associate Marta Sougareva, Dr. Habil
Research unit: "Economic and Historical Demography"
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
phone: (+359 2) 979-30-27, 979-30-30
2000 – DSc (sociological). Thesis: Bulgarian family in the context of contemporary European trends
1991 – Senior research Associate 2nd degree. Habilitation research work: Demographic transition and modern reproductive behaviour.
1979 - PhD in Ecnomics. Thesis:
Socio-economic factors of fertility in Bulgaria
1974 HIE "Karl Marx" - Sofia, major "Statistics"
- 1991-1992 Netherlands, Institute of social studies. Diploma program "Population and development"
- 1992 – one-month qualification training on preparation of university courses of lectures, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary.
1989 – up to now: part-time lecturer on Demography and Sociology of Family in Sofia University St. K. Ohridski.
2007 1989 – up to now: part-time lecturer on Demography in Plovdiv University Paisii Hilendarski.
1. Sugareva ̀. and K. Lilova. Demographic reproduction in European countries after II World War. “M. Drinov” Academic Press, Sofia, in press, 309 p.
2. Sugareva ̀. and al. Demographic situation in regions of depopulation (on the example of North-Western Bulgaria). “M. Drinov” Academic Press, Sofia, 2008, 142 p.
3. Introduction to demography. Avalon Publ. House, Sofia, 2004 (University Training aid), 120 p.
4. Demographic future of the village. Free Initiative Foundation Publ. House, Sofia, 1994, 45 p.
5. Family planning in Bulgaria: contemporary trends and problems. Avalon Publ. House, Sofia, 2006, 135 p.
6. Bulgarian family in the transition to market economy. Free Initiative Foundation Publ. House, Sofia, 1995, 45 p.
7. Sugareva ̀., I. Garnizov and K. Lilova. Basic components of demographic dynamics in European countries: natural and migration increase. Ikonomika I upravlenie. Sourh-Western University, Blagoevgrad, ²²², 1, pp. 74-87.
8. Dumont, G-F., ̀. Sugareva, N. Tsekov. Demographic crisis in Bulgaria. Population&avenir, Janvier, 2005 (in French)
9. Lilova K. and ̀. Sugareva. Relative influence of fertility and mortality on population reproduction. Statistika, No. 2, 2007, pp. 53-69.
10. Sugareva ̀. and al. Problems of generating and diffusing knowledge in demography in the educational system in Bulgaria today. In: Rossitsa Chobanova (ed.) Demand for knowledge in the process of European economic integration, Institute of Economics at Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 2008, p. 365, pp. 269-