MARIA NIKOLOVA BELCHEVA
7 November 1945, village of Polsky Trambesh, Veliko Tarnovo district
Phone: 359 (2)-979-67-90
- Higher, Master degree in statistics, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, 1965-1970
2007 – up to now – Head of the CPS ‘Ageing, Mortality and Life Potential’ Research unit
2004– up to now – Senior research associate 2nd degree at CPS, BAS
1992-1993 – Senior Research Associate 2nd degree, National Statistical Institute (NSI)
1991 – Senior Research Associate, NSI
1986-1991 – Research Associate 1st degree, NSI
1982-1986 – Associate of the Cultural institute of the Bulgarian embassy in Mexico
1973-1974 – Research Associate 1st degree at the Central statistical office (CSO)
1971-1972 – Research Associate 2nd degree, CSO
1970 – Research Associate 3rd degree, CSO
1989 – PhD in sociology; Senior Research Associate 2nd degree
Member of: Union of scientists in Bulgaria, Union of statisticians in Bulgaria
Editor-in chief of Nasselenie Review
The population of Bulgaria in the 70’s of the 20th century
The out-of-wedlock births in Bulgaria – personal and social problems
The health care and the health service in Bulgaria
The children in the social child establishments
The youngsters on the threshold of life
We and our children
The youngsters, religion and sects
The punished criminality of the adolescents
Scio-demographic characteristics of the small business entrepreneurs
Natality and population reproductive behaviour
The small and medium establishment entrepreneurship. Women in business
Methodological problems of sample surveys, censuses of population and habitation
Demographic processes of population evolution and reproductive behaviour
Young generation problems in Bulgaria
Children of deviant behaviour
Social problems of old population
Russian, French, Spanish
1. Statistical portrait of the children and youth – in: The new young. The Bulgarian youngster and the European perspective, S., 2005.
2. Socio-demographic studies and analyses, Faber, S., 2004.
3. Condition, trends and problems of fertility in the Republic of Bulgaria, NSI, 2003.
4. Census of population, habitations and agricultural farms, BSI, 2003, vol. 1 Population, book 8 Fertility, NSI, 2003.
5. Census of population, habitation and agricultural farms. Vol. 6, sample surveys, book 2 Fertility and reproductive behaviour, NSI, 2002.
6. The entrepreneurs’ profile of the macro-enterprises in the country, S., 2002.
7. Sentenced criminality among the adolescents, S., 1999.
8. We and our children, S., 1994.
9. . The child in today’s Bulgarian family, S., 1993.
10. The youths on the threshold of life, S., 1992.
11. The social hostels of children and adolescents – condition, problems, S., 1991.
12 The out-of-wedlock births in Bulgaria – personal and social problems, S., 1989.
13. The youths – internal and labour migration (co-author P. Bojikov) S., 1980.
14. Problems of the health care and health service of population, S., 1988.
15. Actual and potential migration in Bulgaria (co-authors: P. Bojikov and I. Kalchev), S. 1980.
16. Demographic and economic characteristic of the population in Bulgaria (co-authors : I. Balev and N. Terezova), S., 1979.
17. Sociological survey on communications services in Bulgaria (co-authors: I. Venedikov and P. Bojikov), S., 1974.
18. Results of control censuses on the scope of population and registration exactness NSI, S., 1974.
19. Model and adequate sample size regarding reliability of census of population and habitations registration on 12 December 1975. National Statistical Institute (NSI), 1974.
20. Tables and intranet correlations and of use in the projections of demographic and sociological sample surveys in People’s Republic of Bulgaria (Scientific research institute of statistics (CRIS), Central Statistical Office (CSO), N7, 1972.
1. Planning problems of the control census on the registration reliability of the census at the end of 1975. Statistika, 4, 1975.
2. Sampling of population census data regarding the registration reliability of the census of population and habitations in 1975. Statistika, 6, 1977.
3. Basic results of the control census for verification of registration reliability of the census of population and habitations in 1975. Statistika, 6, 1977.
4. Sample survey method in population census of Bulgaria, Vestnik statistiky, Moscow, 10, 1977.
5. Impact of the population age structure on the basic demographic processes, NIC annual, 2, 1979.
6. Children needing special cares, children in particularly difficult circumstances. National analysis on the condition of Bulgarian children and families, 1992.
7. I am a personality, you are a personality. The family and the changing world reports, 1994.
8. The criminality amongst adolescents, Statistika, 1994, N2.
9. The youth and the religion sects, Statistika, 1, 1996,.
10. The out-of-wedlock births in Bulgaria, Statistika, 3, 1996.
11. Social and personal problems of the family in Bulgaria, Statistika, 2, 1998.
12. The children in the social child establishments. (Survey of an UNIUCEF project). Statistika, 4, 2001.
13. Fertility study by the Census program, 2001. Statistika, 5, 2001.
14. Birth rate and reproductive behaviour (Results of a study by the 2001 Census program.) Statistika, 2001, N5.
15. Women’s fertility according to the 2001 census data. Naselenie, 1-2, 2004.
16. Abstract model of the Bulgarian family - a prerequisite for giving birth to a determined number of children. Naselenie, 1-2, 2005.
17. Out-of-wedlock fertility in Bulgaria during the 20th century. Naselenie, 1-2, 2007.
18. The entrepreneurs of the small and median business. Naselenie, 1-2, 2008.
19. The children criminality in Bulgaria – a serious problem of Bulgaria regarding its eurointegration. In: European future of Bulgaria and population development. S., 2005.
20. Population ageing and demographic development of the young generations. In: Population ageing – realities and consequences, policies and practices. Issues of a scientific conference, S., 31 May, 2006.
21. The initiative to work together. In: First National forum of researchers on the old aged people problem. S., 2007.
22. The demographic processes and the young generation in Bulgaria. In: Young people in the EU-member country Bulgaria. Issues of a scientific conference, S., 29-30 May, 2007.
1. Non-marriage. Experience of sociological analysis. Author: Senior Research Associate Liliana Spasovska.
2. Sex culture of the young people in Bulgaria. Authors Associate Prof. Tatiana Kotseva and Research Associate Dora Kostova, 2007.
3. Specific features of the demographic reproduction in the countries of Eastern Europe after the Second World War. Author: Marta Sougareva, Senior Research Associate, 2008.
4. Changes in the nuptality and fertility in Bulgaria. Author: Vetka Jekova, Senior Research Associate 2nd degree, 2009.
The children in the social crisis conditions (statistical situational sociological analysis), team leader associate prof. Petar Balabansky, 1991.