The following joint international research projects have been completed since CPS establishment:
· “Gender and generations relationships (second wave)”. International comparative panel study financed by Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, 2006. Participants: T. Kotzeva, PhD, Assistant Professor; Z. Toneva, PhD, Senior Research Associate; E. Dimitrova, PhD, Research Associate 1st degree.
· “Demographic consequences of the restructuring of the time budget for work (professional and homework) and changes in the labour conditions in Bulgaria”. Partner organisation: “Gender and Social Relations” Laboratory at the Institute for Research on Contemporary Societies (CNRS), Paris, France, 2005. Participants: G. Mihova, PhD, Assistant Professor; M. Nikolova, PhD, Senior Research Associate; D. Donev, Research Associate 2nd degree.
· “Generation of the Contextual Database for Bulgaria”. Within the Generations and Gender International Program developed by Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, 2005. Participants: T. Kotzeva, PhD, Assistant Professor; V. Zhekova, PhD, Senior Research Associate; K. Borissova-Marinova, PhD, Research Associate; D. Kostova, Research Associate 2nd degree.
· “Demographic influence of the family planning”, South Carolina University, USA, 2003. Participant: T. Kotzeva, PhD, Assistant Professor.
· “Behaviour and health of Bulgarian and Romanian adolescents: joint European complex approach for studying the choices, practices and needs in relation with adolescents’ health”. Module “Influence of the education context on the health and health behaviour of children at school age”; financed by the Fund for scientific research at the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science (current). Participants: T. Kotzeva, PhD, Assistant Professor; E. Dimitrova, PhD, Research Associate 1st degree; A. Ttzvetkov, PhD, Research Associate 1st degree.
There were completed 25 specialised trainings of CPS researchers and post-graduate students in Germany, Hungary, France, Great Britain, Greece, etc. (International School for demographic research at Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock; Summer school of the Central European University, Budapest; National Institute for demographic research [INED], Paris; Oxford University; Cambridge University; Thessaloniki University, etc.). One USA scholarship fellow of the Fulbright Programme was trained in CPS.
Researchers from CPS participated in 67 international scientific conferences in different countries (Netherlands, Great Britain, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Russian Federation, France, Germany, etc.) presenting 84 papers.