phone: 00359 2 979-63-34
1997-2002 – MA in Sociology, Sofia
University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
2003-2006 – PhD in Sociology, Centre for Population Studies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
PhD topic: Second Demographic Transition in Bulgaria: Preconditions, Transformations, Implications
1.04.2006-30.09. 2006 – Junior expert in Centre for Population Studies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
1.10.2006 up to now – Research Associate in Centre for Population Studies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Bulgarian sociological association
Union of Scientists in Bulgaria
European Association for Population studies (EAPS)
Health Beahvior of School-aged Children Network (HBSC)
October 2004-February 2005 – Participation in the International Max Planck School for Demography), Rostock, Germany
1-31.07.2007 - Cambridge Hospitality Scheme fellow at the Cambridge Group for the History of the Population and Social Structures, University of Cambridge, UK
October 2008-February 2009 – Participation in the International Max Planck School for Demography), Rostock, Germany
1. December 2005 up to now – Health Behavioral Study among School Aged Children, Joint Project between Centre for Population Studies at BAS, Institute of Psychology at BAS, “Health and Psychology Foundation” and University of Babesh Boliay, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2. January 2008 up to now - Reproductive decision-making in a micro-macro perspective (REPRO). Research project help under 7th FP of the European Commission. Principal investigator: Vienna Institute for Demography, Austria.
Demographic transition theories.Fertility and reproductive behavior.
2006-2007 – Assistant Professor in Statistics, Department of Sociology, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
2008 up to now – Assistant Professor in Statistics, MA Program “Labor markets and management of human recourses, ”Department of Sociology, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
English – very good, Russian - good
1. Vasileva,L., Alexandova-Karamanova,A. Alexandrova,B., Bogdanova, E., Dimitrova, E., Kotzeva, T., Todorova, I. 2008. Health behaviors in school-aged children in Bulgaria 2005/2006 (National Report). AA Ochi Ltd, Sofia.
1. Dimitrova, E. 2004. "Sociological Approach to the Theory of the Second Demographic Trnasition". Sociological Problems (Sociologicheski problemi), vol.1-2, pp. 401-423.
2. Dimitrova, E. 2005. “Sociography of the Second Demographic Transition in Bulgaria”. Naselenie (Population). 1-2.
3. Dimitrova, E. 2005. “Recent Fertility Changes and the Second Demographic Transition.” In: Population Development of Bulgaria in Integrated Europe /Budeshteto na Bulgaria v obedinena Evropa i razvitieto na naselenieto /. Sofia: Faber publ. house.
4. Dimitrova, E. 2006. "Gender and Biopolitics of the Bulgarian Socialist State". Sociological Problems (Sociologicheski problemi), vol.1-2, pp. 121-139.
5. Dimitrova, E. 2007. "Sociology and Demography between Multi- and Interdisciplinarity", /in co-authorship with T. Kotzeva/. Sociological Problems (Sociologicheski problemi), vol.1-2, pp. 189-208.
6. Äèìèòðîâà, Å. 2007. Èçìåíeíèå íîðì è öåííîñòåé ñóïðóæåñòâà è ñåìüè â ïîñòñîöèàëèñòè÷åñêîé Áîëãàðèè: íîâûé áðà÷íûé ïåðåõîä. Âîñòî÷íîåâðîïåéñêèå èññëåäîâàíèÿ. 2007. êí. 5, ñòð. 55-65. (in Russian)
7. Dimitrova, E. 2008. “Risk Behaviors among School-aged Children in Bulgaria”. / in co-authorship with T. Kotzeva/, Naselenie (Population), vol.1-2.
8. Dimitrova, E. 2008. " Family and Marriage in The Bulgarian’s Young People’s Perceptions – Behavioral and Value Changes". In: The Young People in Bulgaria. Sofia, “Faber”.
9. Dimitrova, E. 2008. Changing Norms and Values Regarding Marriage and Family in Post-socialist Bulgaria. In: Social Behavior and Family Strategies in the Balkans (XVIth - XXth centuries). Conference Proceedings. Bucharest: NCE.
10. Dimitrova, E. 2008. “The Recent Marital Transition in Bulgaria between Historical Diversity and pan-European Integration”. History of the Family, vol. 13, pp. 195-209.
11. Dimitrova, E. 2009. “Family and reproduction in post-socialist Bulgaria. Towards a new demographic transition”. In: Sabine Fischer, Heiko Pleines (eds): The EU and Central & Eastern Europe. Successes and Failures of Europeanisation in Politics and Society, Changing Europe Book Series Vol. 6, Stuttgart. (in press)
12. Dimitrova, E. 2009. “Fertility intentions in Near and Distant Future Perspective”. /in co-authorship with T. Kotzeva/, Naselenie (Population), (in press).
Dimitrova, E.. 2005. Workshop on Anthropological Demography of Europe – State of Arts and Perspectives, Naselenie (Population), vol. 12, pp. 219220.